Friday 27 July 2012

The Mama Files: Am I Ready For This?

I took some pictures for a girl at our church last week. 
When her mom came up and asked me to do this I agreed simply because I thought it would give me some practice for the upcoming wedding I'm shooting. (in 2 days!!! Yipes!)

I have never EVER considered myself a photographer.
In college I took ONE photography class and that's the extent of my qualifications. 
I've been told by a few people I "have a good eye", but can I really charge people money for simply that?
I guess I can, because I am. 

I do love things about photography, like the instant gratification (thanks digital era).
And I can set up a shot (thanks artistic eye).
I just feel like such an amateur. 
But people don't seem to care.I have 3, possibly 4, more sessions scheduled at this minute.
I can't help but think to myself, "how is this happening? I'm not advertising, and I don't even consider photography  one of my talents. Why do people want me?"
Yet here I am being approached and for some reason not able to turn the opportunities down.
Maybe the whole reason is because I'm cheap. 
But my skills can only improve, right?

So is this the next road for me?
Because we all know I NEED another hobby! :-)
I guess bring on the "momography"! 


P.S. I did ace my photography class by the way! *insert, slight, own horn tooting here*



1 comment:

  1. Photography is so fun! I am glad you are getting an opportunity to work on your craft and get paid for it! Sound like another blog may be in order for your portfolio ;0

    ReplyDelete