Wednesday 31 August 2011

That's So Random

I had a couple interesting conversations yesterday with random children that I came across during my day. The first was with a 15 year old boy and his mother in the ped's waiting room and the other was on the sidelines of a soccer field with 2 little 5 year olds.
We'll start with the least disgusting story first.

At Sho's Dr appointment there was a 15 year old who was talking to his mom about his future plans, it wasn't a usual teenage boy conversation. He started by talking about what he was going to name his children one day. This instantly makes me start ease-dropping stop and think how odd it was for a boy (who I would have guessed to be 13) to be thinking about. In case you were wondering, if it was a girl it was going to be Gabrielle and if it was a boy it was going to be Ius (I can't remember how he spelled it, but YES he did have the spelling all planned). Upon hearing the boy's name I immediately piped in that I had a Gaius at home (he wasn't impressed) so his mother started telling me about all of his other plans. Like how he was going to get married on his birthday (during a specific year) so that he could have his first child on the Easter of the following year, which would be 9 months later. He also went on about how he was going to have to find a girl that would want to have 3-4 children, like muscle cars, and be a certain nationality (I dont' remember what it was now). I can honestly say I've NEVER met a teenager who had this much planned out in their head at 15, let alone a boy. I do wonder, though, how he's going to handle it if things don't go exactly as his plan.

My other story is of a totally different nature but still rather funny!

I was sitting on the soccer sidelines waiting for soccer pictures to finish up after our practice and 2 little 5 year olds come up to me. They look around at my blanket with all of the trash mayhem that used to be snacks my children consumed while we were waiting. One of the boys picks up Gaius' half empty Powerade and tells his buddy "I'm really thirsty" then looks at me with big puppy dog eyes. Of course I tell them no they can't have any because it has germs on it. So they look out across the field and spy a Mt. Dew bottle sitting under a bench and take off. I didn't really think much of it because A.) they aren't my kids, and B.) I figured it was empty, so I start packing up our stuff. Well they come back with the soda bottle and promptly ask if I'll take the top off for them. Just to be sure I ask them where they got it, and they reply "Oh we found it over there". This leads to my next response of "Um, I don't think you should drink that since you don't know who's it was. What if they're sick?" They try to convince me that they won't put their mouth on it and just pour it into their mouths. This instantly reminds me of an article I read once about how the last few drinks in the bottom of a bottle you're drinking from is mostly just back wash. So I tell them what any slightly nauseous mother would "You better go ask your mom or dad". The one boy quickly says okay and calls for the other to come with him. The other's textbook response; "No we can't, she's [mom] going to say we can't have it." So with relief and thankfulness (and all of my supper still inside me) I get my kids all packed and loaded and leave thinking "Well that was weird. Thank goodness whoever left their trash on the field at least screwed the top on tight."

And that was my very odd Tuesday!

Oh! And here's Shoshannah's stats
21#14oz (65%)
31¼" (85%)
47 cm (93%)
She's my big bobble-head! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment