Tuesday 13 September 2011

What do you know. I start a new blog and then life goes and gets busy so I have no time to post anything.

So far this week has been both heartbreaking and beautiful all rolled into one. One of my friend's 17 year old son died late last week in an ATV accident. The last few days have been filled with funeral and burial services.
Death and sorrow are very interesting topics to explain to children... this year it seems like I've been explaining it to them a lot.
One thing I do know for sure is, I have so much awe and gratitude for my Lord Jesus Christ.
I was talking to my kids today and we were talking about how Jesus knew 2000 years ago that "Aunt Ren" was going to feel this way today and that his death made it possible so that she wouldn't be separated from her son for forever. Jesus made it so that we could all be together again someday because the people we've lost this year have also been children of God.
It is kind of nuts to think about it from a mother's point of view. To think Jesus cared enough for this one mother and son (out of the 106.5 billion people who have lived on this earth *take the number with a grain of salt*) enough that he made it possible for them to be reunited one day. Blows my mind!
How much love is that?
John 15: 13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for a friend.

I feel hopeful for "Aunt Ren" and her family. Because death really is not the end, in fact I think it might be just the beginning.
And I'm praising Jesus for his love tonight!

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment