Wednesday 23 November 2011

Be Thankful Come on Everyone, be thankful from the bottom of your heart...


As I've mentioned before we were working on a thankful project as a family, it started out great but then life got really busy and we fell behind. It seems to me that it's so easy to get busy and just forget about being thankful. It's not like we're  choosing to be ungrateful for all the little blessings we have on a day to day bases, it's more we just expect all those little things to just be there or they seem too significant to praise God for! When we lived at the Gingerbread House our laundry room was in the basement where my kids rarely would go. I would tell them that I was going down to do the laundry but I never really thought to mention what that meant. Well when we moved here we have a 1st floor laundry room and my kids for the first few weeks were so amazed to watch me fill the washing machine with water, add clothes, remove the clothes, and put them in the dryer to dry. They would ask me to explain the process to them over and over and they would peek into the top of the machines just to see what was happening. I guess before they just thought the clothes magically smelled better when I brought them up from the basement. I don't want them to be that way with all the things we have on this earth. I want them to know that things don't just magically appear and that we need to praise God for every little thing he chooses to bestow on us whether it's small, boring, or gigantic. I'm vowing to make that a priority in my child-rearing! And with the I WANT...er, I mean... Christmas season coming up I'm sure that's going to be a challenge! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment