Tuesday 10 January 2012

Internet Craft Reviews, Part 2

*If you missed Part 1 go HERE!*

I saved my 2 very favorite crafts for last! So without further ado, here they are:

DIY Wrap-turned-Scarf
For the directions go HERE
This turned out amazingly well. I REALLY wanted to keep one of them for myself. 
I followed all the directions except I zigzagged around the arm holes (which negated the turning it to a scarf function) to make it a little more stable and seem a little more finished. I also added a fabric flower corsage to spice it up a bit.
It took about a yard of fabric...which I will be buying during my next trip to Joann's, for your's truly...and maybe a half hour to complete. 
Now that's my kind of project!

And last but not least *drum roll*

Peg Dolls
 I bought the peg dolls from an Etsy shop called Goose Grease, and I couldn't be happier with their service (they actually email you back, personally)! Their blog has a lot of great tips too!
 This craft definitely took me the longest to complete.
 But it was so fun picking out little details to put on each doll!
And now my family members know why I've been starting at them for the past month! :-)
The dolls all seemed well received, which was a nice bonus to a month's worth of work.


I also made my husband a NY Jets beanie (cheap, Old Navy green fleece hat + NY Jets iron-on patch)
And my father-in-law a pair of touch screen gloves (a pair of winter gloves + conductive thread)
You know, just so everyone got something handmade! :-)

And that completes my crafty Christmas, I hope your's was just as creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment