Thursday 22 December 2011

Adventures in Mothering

Look at me blogging every other day!

  • We baked cookies for my art classes, today! I'm not sure how Christmas-y owls are, but my kids insisted we cut some out. 


  • Xavier and I started building a gigantic K'nex set he got for this birthday. We're on step 29, out of 105, and it's taller then I am when it's on his desk. 


  • I'm trying to shoot all my photos in manual. Some stuff I've learned has stuck, and some has not. 

My main accomplishment so far is being able to shoot without flash! Love it!



  • We still do not have any snow to speak of, it's weird. I'm pretty sure I can count all the times we've had a green Christmas in my life on one hand. This is going to put a damper on the sleds I bought for my kids for Christmas. 
  • Now that I've moved into town, I think I've seen more wildlife then all the time we lived in the country. So far I've seen a skunk, a fox, 3 raccoons, and a turkey. I'm not exactly sure which one is getting into my trash cans at night but I wish they'd stop.  
  • My baby daughter is into EVERYTHING! All my other kids went to get into the car last night, and I found her upstairs in the dark, just walking around. Then today we found her up to her elbows in toilet water with her sippy cup floating. Unfortunately, it wasn't the toilet I had just cleaned this morning either. Eeeew! Oy vey! I think I just found the source of my grey hair! (Yes, I have some! See I KNEW i didn't want to get into the thirties!)
  • One of Marc's Christmas gifts, I ordered 2 weeks ago, still hasn't shown up. I'm a little nervous it's not going to make it in time. :-(
  • Tomorrow starts our week and half long Christmas celebrations! Half of Marc's family tomorrow. Our regular Christmas Eve tradition (each of us chooses one favorite food, I make it and we watch a Christmas themed movie together)! And this year even Marc gets to be here with us! Then there's Christmas (ours at home, church, and then the other half of Marc's family). Monday Marc has off. Then Thursday we cash in my birthday dinner from my SIL. And Sunday we have Christmas with my family!  I think I might love this schedule! I always feel kind of let down the day after Christmas because you work so hard to get everything done and it's all over so quickly! So hurray for long drawn out Christmases! 
The End!
*Two shopping days left until Christmas!*

No comments:

Post a Comment